CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 19, 2007

The Weekend

Well, the weekend is over. Quite uneventful to say the least. Friday night we had a ladies fellowship at the church and while I wasn't exactly in the mood for mingling, I went anyway. I'm always glad that I went after the fact.

Jeff was in Vegas this weekend. He called me on Friday from the top of the Eiffle tower. He was watching the water show at the Bellagio. I asked him if he stood where George Clooney had stood in Oceans 11 and he, not too enthusiastically I might add, said, "No." He did bring me back a really cool mug from the Paris Hotel there in Vegas. Because he knows I want to go to Paris and I figure that may be the closest I'll ever get!

We had a lunch after church yesterday for all the new people in the church. Well, as music minister I had to go and as a new person Jeff had to go. It's always ackward to introduce him. I never know what to say. I feel too old to say, "This is my boyfriend..." sometimes, so I usually just say, "This is Jeff." I'm sure everyone knows. I moved from sitting on the front row to the fifth row with him, so...

I lost 2 lbs last week. Not as much as I'd hoped, but at least I didn't gain anything. Now if I would just get off my lazy behind and start working out I'd lose ever more quicker. Jeff and I are in a little competition to see who can lose the most. Actually, he has to lose 2 lbs to my 1 lb since it is so much easier for guys to lose weight (that's my rule, not his. His rule is that if he's buying me dinner I can't order chicken strips. I think that's the stupidest rule I've ever heard.) He tried to sabotage me last night by feeding me pizza and choclate ice cream. Didn't work, though. I summonsed all the self control I could and ate very little ice cream. Yay for me.

I'm restarting my Mary Kay career, btw. If you need anything, let me know!

1 comments:

amcnew said...

Congrats on the 2 lbs! It's a good start!