CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Brandon!

I lost one more pound last week. Even after I ate Mexican food and ice cream on Sunday. I had been craving it all week and finally broke down and had it. But, I didn't go overboard, so I guess it all worked out in the end. That evening I went to Jeff's and watched The Oscars. You would have thought that I had asked him to watch Dirty Dancing. But, the fact is, he sat there and didn't say too many negative things. It could be because I had watched Goodfellas with him :-)

Today is my baby brother's birthday! Brandon is 28. I can't believe it. More than I can't believe that I'm fixing to be 31, I can't believe that he's 28. I remember how little he was when daddy slammed his elbow in the truck door and broke it (not on purpose, of course) and, as much as I'd like to deny it, I do remember chasing him with a golf club. I remember he and Mike Shriver being so mean to me & Bobbie. And the first time he ever sang at a talent show at school. I had told him not to just stand in the middle of the stage, so he paced the entire song. And when it was over everyone jumped up and cheered for him like he was a rock star. I was the loudest and proudest. I remember people coming up to me asking if he was my brother. Yep, sure is! Who would have ever thought that I'd actually end up loving him! I think he's going to turn out just fine.

1 comments:

Julz said...

Happy Birthday to Brandon too! WOO HOO!
Love the blog Jen.....