CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 1, 2007

Twice in one week!


wow. If anyone is actually reading this they may fall off their chair! Two posts in one week. Amazing, huh?

So, those of you who know me and love me have heard all about my toe problem. See, when I was with my parents in San Antonio over Thanksgiving last year something happened and I swear I have no idea what. Just all of a sudden I couldn't wear shoes because my toe hurt so bad. The Sunday I got back I thought I was going to cry all during worship service because it hurt so bad. Maybe had I cried everyone would have thought I was all holy and everything. But I digress. So, here's a picture of it from Christmas time...




Anyway, back to my toe. So I went to the doctor and she told me that either she could stick a needle down the middle of my toe nail or I could stick a needle up under my toenail myself and relieve some of the pressure because it was bruised really bad. Well, never one for actually loving pain, I decided that I would perform the procedure on my own so I could stop when the pain became unbearable. I figured my friend Gina would volunteer to help me, but it grossed her out when I even talked about it so she wimped out. But did it stop me from talking about it every night? Nope!

So, here I am, six months later and it is still all jacked up. There is this ridge across the middle of the nail and it's all icky looking underneath it still. It doesn't hurt anymore, but I can't do my cute french manicure look on my toes this summer. Here is it now. Where the red nail polish line is where the ridge is. Anyone know exactly what is wrong it with now???? Gina thinks I should get a second opinion.

But I guess that's okay. At least I still have a toenail. Everyone had me all freaked out that it was going to fall off and I was going to be stuck wearing toe filled shoes all summer. Blah! But I press on. I keep it nicely painted and wear my flip flops with confidence. Until someone steps on my toe. Or steps on the back of my flip flop and makes me hit my toe on the back of my other shoe. Jeff. :-)

jen

0 comments: