CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

My Daddy

I remember one time some friends and I were driving through Fort Worth and we passed this restaurant that I remember going to when I was a kid. It had this big ole cow out in front of it. I said, "Oh, I remember that place! I need to call daddy!" They all laughed at me because I called my father daddy. After a few minutes of ribbing I finally said, "Well, ya'll are just jealous 'cause you don't have a daddy." They all got quite and agreed.

See, in my educated opinion there is a great difference in a father and a daddy. It's hard to put into words, but it has everything to do with the way they interact with you. I remember this one time when I was in the first grade... I was terrified of the thought of buying my lunch in the lunchroom. Well, this particular morning I left my lunch box at home and my daddy turned the car around and drove all the way from Bowie back to Sunset (about 11 miles or so) to get my lunch box. I was late for school that day, but at least I didn't have to buy my lunch! I'm sure daddy doesn't even remember that, but it comes to mind every time I think about how much he means to me.

And when I think about all the sacrifices daddy has made over the years to give me and my brat brother (i heart him, btw...) a better life than what he had it makes me sad in a way to think back about the brat I've been in the past. My daddy would work his fingers to the bone to give me and Brandon anything we wanted. And you know what? I never had designer clothes, but I think I turned out just fine. And I never knew how much it took to make a house run. Wow. And to think that he did it while pastoring a small church. Man. As far as I'm concerned my daddy is the strongest, most wonderful man in the world. And I think anyone who knows him would whole heartedly agree with me.

jen

1 comments:

Wendy said...

I totally agree with you-there is a difference between Daddy and Father. I am only starting to see my dad as Daddy, but only a glipse of it every once in a while. I also agree that your Dad rocks. And that you're a brat, lol, j/k.

I had no idea we were both afraid of the lunch room. Except I never got over mine. I can't even eat at Libby's.