CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What do men have against Dirty Dancing?

So, Friday night the BF & I watched the AFI top 100 movies of all time. Quite an interesting list. I bet I haven't seen like 80% of them. I have some catching up to do. He'd seen probably as many as I hadn't. As we started the show I jokingly said something about Dirty Dancing being on the list. He responded, "If it's on here we'll watch it." Well, needless to say it wasn't so he made it through that one. But that brings me to my bigger question. Just what do men have against Dirty Dancing? I think it's that they are jealous of Johnny getting all the girls like they wish they could do. I just can't believe that it wasn't on the list somewhere...

I have since taken it upon myself to make my own top 100 list. Well, maybe not 100, but how about 10. The Top 10 Chick Flicks of all time. It will be a scientific study, my friends with research, polls and all that other stuff that would make it scientific. Some of the movies that are currently being considered are: Dirty Dancing, Sweet Home Alabama, Gone With The Wind, 13 Going On 30, Sound of Music, Babes In Toyland (the old one, not that one with Keanu Reeves... PULEEZE!), State Fair, anything with George Clooney or Brad Pitt, and the Legally Blonde series. Basically, any movie that your husband or boyfriend rolls his eyes at anytime you mention watching is in the running. Do not take this lightly. It could change the face of modern pop culture as we know it. Just think. Reese Witherspoon could be hosting "The JLR Top 10 Chick Flicks of All Time" on WE any day now... How proud my parents will be.

What is your favorite? Ask your friends. More importantly, ask your significant other what their least favorite movie of all time is. It'll probably end up being #1 on this list!!!

2 comments:

amcnew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amcnew said...

Somewhere in Time with Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve. Get all teary-eyed just thinking about it....