CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 6, 2007

I'm Much Calmer Today...

Hope everyone had a safe & happy 4th! At the last minute BF had to work, so I spent the day doing what every red blooded American woman would... Shopping! Actually, I just spent about an hour out and about. I did find a really cute skirt at Ann Taylor for $9.99. Can't beat that!

I also made it to Barnes and Noble and picked up the latest copy of Texas Monthly. THE Texas Monthly I alluded to in my most recent post. I will say that for the most part the writer did a fine job. He did everything he could to imply her guilt, which I appreciate. However, not sure who, but someone told him a big ole whopping lie about daddy and that doesn't make me very happy. I don't know if he inferred this quote from something that woman said, or since daddy wouldn't talk to him he just made something up, but it burns me up nonetheless. He said something along the lines that while daddy wasn't on call he would run this woman down and tell her that all her life problems would be solved if she would accept Christ. First of all, any of you who know my daddy know that he would NEVER do that to anyone. Second of all, my dad never talked to this woman. I don't even think he knew her. So, there you have it. I think the magazine did a nice job, but really wish they would not have given this woman another 15 minutes of fame. But I guess it's a good story. Much like a Lifetime Movie.

Be sure to pray for me next week. The BF is going out of town and I'm dog sitting. I can barely take care of myself in the mornings and now I'm going to have to get up even earlier and take him outside... well, at least it's not, oh 14 degrees outside like it was the last time I puppy sat while my dear friend Gina was in FLORIDA!!!!

Later!
jen

0 comments: